Re: Liability Insurance

To: Tom M <tmatycho@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Liability Insurance
From: Larry Dent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 08:24:54 -0500
Interesting comments, and I don't really disagree, since Calif. has
always marched to its own drummer in more ways that legal,

BUT, I would caution one thing about assuming the policy will pay for
your legal defense.

The caviet here is that if you are one of a body of named parties to a
suit, the legal defense may be predicated upon ideas that are NOT in
fact to your best interests.

I would consider it mandatory, if I were involved in a major suit as a
named party, to obtain my own council, and in most cases, this would not
be paid for by the policy.

Again, as I said, the lawyers smile.

I don't mean that as a slam at the legal profession, it is simply the
way things are with the present legal system.