Re: Cooling in the desert__ another thought about tranny coolers

To: Gt6steve@aol.com
Subject: Re: Cooling in the desert__ another thought about tranny coolers
From: EeeMCee@cs.com
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 17:20:49 EDT
When I first put my car hualler together with AT, I put a thermocouple on the
input and outputs of the cooler. I found that it NEVER  got hot!This included
climbing  steep mountains  carrying three cars etc. in intermediate gears etc.
I talked to  knowledgable people and they said that the cooleer is needed
when lumping along in traffic-with lots of slow speed slippage. Not living in
LA, I bypassed the cooler and have had the same tranny for 15 years+.

Michael Rogers
680630
732512 MI/Jaguar Special
780721