John Grove

To: 74220.3311@compuserve.com, vara@email.msn.com, Victorymag@aol.com,
Subject: John Grove
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:38:53 EST
Sad News:

Our good friend and long-time SCCA and vintage racer, John Grove, succumbed
to his lengthy battle with cancer yesterday.  We'll all miss a good friend, a
great racer, and a true gentleman.  Many of you knew John from racing back in
the 50's and 60's, racing Porsche's, MG's, and BMW's.  In his later years,
John vintage raced an MGB, and more recently his distinctive Elva Courier
(white with a blue stripe).

John enjoyed a great race last June at the CSRG Buchanan Field races when he
was given a ride in his very own original Porsche 356 by its current owner.
John raced that very car at Buchanan in the 50's, and handily won his race
last year.

Many of us saw John last two weeks ago at his 74th (I believe) birthday
party.

We'll miss you on the grid, buddy.

Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128