RE: Insurance

To: "'Phil Roettjer'" <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Subject: RE: Insurance
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 15:53:33 -0600
Phil Roettjer wrote:

> You might also try Grundy Worldwide.  I am just in the process of getting
> insurance for a 53 Lotus and Grundy provides coverage in transit and in
the
> paddock areas just like Parish, but their policy also covers the car if
you
> license it for the street. The totals quoted between both companies were
> within $10 of each other. The number for Grundy is 800-338-4005.

I called Grundy the moment I saw your note. The woman I talked to insisted
that they would not insure a vintage race car. I tried to make it clear to
her that I knew that the car wouldn't be covered while actually on-track,
that I just wanted coverage while on the highway as a licensed vehicle,
while in transit and in the paddock, and while sitting in my garage. I was
told that they insure "show" cars, but they don't insure cars actually used
as race cars.

Either she's right (and I need to look elsewhere for coverage) or she's
wrong (and I need to look elsewhere for an insurer with agents who know what
they're selling), or I'm unable to communicate in my native tongue (always a
possibility).

???

Jim Hill
Madison WI