Re: Vintage Race Car choice etc.

To: acace@juno.com
Subject: Re: Vintage Race Car choice etc.
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 21:43:55 EST
In a message dated 1/31/00 12:52:28 PM Pacific Standard Time, acace@juno.com
writes:

<<
 Bottom line. A wonderful car that is cheap to race, more fun than you can
 imagine and dual purpose to boot.

 Dick Waite

Dick,

I won't dispute anything you said about racing your TD.  I love my TD and
when I'm too old to fart the only MG I will own is my TD.  I have owned it
for like 26 years, restored it 25 years ago, i've driven the wheels off of it
(literly) and am fixing to repaint it and detail it out, but not untill I
finish my other TD.  Dick, I'm a TD guy, but I just couldn't see racing it.
I also had a MGB that was a better candidate.  I think here alot has to do
with location.  Out here in Northern California there is very little racing
competition for a guy with a TD.  With an MGB however, you can race the other
"B"s, 1300 cc Alfas, slow Porshes and TRs.  Parts are much cheeper, and more
available.

I understand your love for the TD, but you are in an area that supports
racing for that very unique type of MG

Cheers,\
Rod Schweiger
'64 MGB Sebring Coupe