Potpourie for that old car aroma

To: PaceCars@aol.com
Subject: Potpourie for that old car aroma
From: bengel <bengel@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 09:44:18 -0700
Harold:

You need to find the essence of the smell of a well used but unrestored
older Brit-car. There is something about the leather, canvas, oil, grease
and gasoline over the years that has a aroma that is as distinct to me as
garlic.
Most unrestored/older restorations of <40 yr old Healeys/MGs/TRs/Jags  do ...
When I smell  it I'm immediately reminded of my MG-TC and TD I had years
ago.... The modern restorations just don't have that smell..Maybe it's the
real shellac, lacquer, and
castor oil..(or maybe it's just the smell of well-fried cloth-covered Lucas
wiring....:-) )