Re: Insulated Garage Doors

To: Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Insulated Garage Doors
From: cjthedad@essex1.com (Craig Froeter)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 14:12:24 -0600
Well what you need to do is figure why you have such high humitity in your
garage. Is it fresh concrete, is this house brand new. What type of heat
are you using.  I have a six car garage at home attached and fully heated
and we bing our nasty street cars in covered with snow and never get
condensation on the doors. I live in northern illinois not much different
than your climate. If you are getting wet doors you are also getting wet in
places you don't see like your walls. The insulation in the doors will
absorbe the water slowly untill it has no r-factor left and if the
insulation became fully saturated you would have the heaviest doors in
town, and the doors will start to rust, galvanizing will not hold up to
traped water
craig