Attn: CSRG Members...

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Attn: CSRG Members...
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 22:56:18 EST
Attn:  CSRG Members

I've just heard that at the last board meeting, the board voted to outlaw all
RADIAL TIRES, beginning with the 2001 season.  This has not been confirmed,
but came from a reliable source.  Personally, if this is true, I don't
understand what problem they were trying to solve.  I plan on expressing my
disagreement to the board with this decision, and hope that others will do
the same.  This will now mean separate tires and suspension setups for CSRG
vs. other organizations (VARA, SCCA, SOVREN, RMVR, HSR, etc.).  Its been my
impression that the production car groups (both small bore and large bore)
have been getting along quite well with the tire rules that were put into
place a couple of years ago.  What's your opinion?

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus ( likes low-cost, commonly accepted, long lasting, and very
available radials ) Cortina Mk1 #128