Re: trailer topic

To: Zeke5550@aol.com
Subject: Re: trailer topic
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 09:57:20 EDT

<<
 I am turning to "the list" for some help.

 I am hauling a 16' enclosed trailer with a Bugeye & race stuff inside.  The
 car and stuff is probably about 1 ton and the trailer about the same.  I
have
 an equalizer hitch on a '96 Blazer and tend to get some swaying feeling from
 time to time.  I think the trailer is oscillating slightly from side to side
 (leaning a little left and them a little right).  I do have a friction sway
 bar which does seem to help.

 Is there some type of shock kit that I can add to the trailer?  What other
 possibilities should I pursue?

Gary,

Are you putting the car in the trailer nose first or butt first.  Balance is
a trailer is everything.  Is the Blazer real low in the back when you have
everything loaded.  I assume the trailer is a twin axle type with brakes on
one axle?  Look at axle placement.  Does it look to far back or forward.
That could greatly affect how you should load your trailer.

Rod