Re: (no subject)

To: Zeke5550@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: DGreimel@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 08:00:34 EDT
Gary:
Have you tried shifting the loading in the trailer? Moving stuff forward
generally seems to help with sway.
Have you tried different equalizer bar settings?  Too much lift is a bad
thing.
Is the trailer level or slightly down at the front?  It should never be high
at the front.

Is you Blazer full size or S10?  Short wheelbases and/or light weight tow
vehicles are not preferred.

I have not seen shock absorber kits for the Dexter torsional axles but have
seen trailers with leaf springs with shocks on them.  I guess you have tandem
axles.  I prefer single axles on lighter trailers.  Had a 16' made for my
Lotus Super 7 with a single.  Now have a 24` that is tandem and am looking
for something smaller.  The Morgan does not need 24`.  I tow with a 3/4 ton
8600GVW truck and only expeience sway when larger trucks are passed, or
passing.
Good Luck.  I look forward to seeing what other ideas you get.
Don