Re: the time I blew off tech

To: DonJQueen@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: the time I blew off tech
From: Tom M <tmatycho@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 19:43:20 -0700

DonJQueen@aol.com wrote:
<snip>
> Well said Nick, I've patiently read all the tales about how dumb tech people
> are - no doubt written by those of us who would never think of volunteering
> to help out.
> Tech, corner workers, club officers are not a sub species - they make our
> sport possible.

If somebody has claimed here that tech inspectors are generally dumb, I
missed it.  And how this is transmuted into an ostensible attack on the
intelligence of corner workers and club officers is beyond me.  Some
amusing stories were told--without naming names or embarrassing
anyone--and with no accompanying generalizations of inferiority.
Frankly, I find it amusing, and worth retelling, when people who
pompously claim to have superior knowledge say things that are
ludicrous, or exercise their petty power in silly ways.  That they have
volunteered to do this is no excuse.  In fact, it adds to the irony.

Normally Mr. Queen has a sense of humor, so I am puzzled by his
response.

--
Tom M