VIR racing history

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: VIR racing history
From: Nick England <nick@cs.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 15:41:51 -0400 (EDT)
I have been compiling a history of sports car racing at Virginia
International Raceway (VIR) which was open 1957-74. I have hundreds
of photos and many programs, entry lists, race reports, etc. on
line at http://www.cs.unc.edu/~nick/vir.html

If you or your car raced at VIR and you have any photos, results sheets,
etc. that you could scan in (or lend to me for scanning), I'd
really appreciate it. I'd also like to add interesting stories, etc.

I don't have a search engine hooked up to all this yet, but if you
are looking for some specific info, let me know and I'll dig through
the files.

I have a whole bunch of photos without dates or other IDs on line at
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~nick/vir/puzzlers/puzzlers.htm

Have fun,
Nick
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~nick/racing.html