RE: Breaker, Braker...

To: "'Malaboge@aol.com'" <Malaboge@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Breaker, Braker...
From: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 07:44:43 -0600

        [Haynes, Mark]  Yes, the carbon brakes do leave dust, but so does
everything else I've used.
>  Do I need to worry more about
> cooling? Less?
        [Haynes, Mark]  This depends on the compound you use. Talk to a rep
to get the right temperature pads.
> Weird bedding techniques? (No, with the brake pads you
> pervert...)
        [Haynes, Mark]  none I'm aware of, in fact the ones we use (Hawk
blue compound) on our Spitfire come pre-burnished, and basically need
nothing special in the way  of break in. The Hawk pads come in 3 or 4
different compounds, I talked to the rep (got his # from Pegasus Racing) and
got a full explanation of temps, and compounds- basically the Blue compound
is great for road racing (up to 1200F) the black is good for up to about
1500F, and below these is an autocross/street compound (I don't remember the
compound's designation) I hope this helps.

        Mark Haynes
        '65 Spitfire RMVR #162