Re: Fatality at Summit point Vintage race

To: DonJQueen@aol.com, EHSMITH@us.oracle.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fatality at Summit point Vintage race
From: Ralph Steinberg <ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 08:01:44 -0400
EHSMITH@us.oracle.com
>writes:
>
><< Subj:       Fatality at Summit point Vintage race
> Date: 5/18/99 5:20:03 PM !!!First Boot!!!
> From: EHSMITH@us.oracle.com (Edwin Smith)
> Sender:       owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net
> To:   vintage-race@autox.team.net
>

> http://www.herald-mail.com/
>
> Newspaper account
>
> Ted Smith
> Director of Staffing, Oracle Support Services
> Phone:650 506 6553
> Fax:650 506 7603 >>
>
>I have been unable to obtain any iformation on this incident. The site
>mentioned has nothing about any racing incident. Can you tell me more ?
>Don Queen SF
>   There is an article in the files of the paper you just have to search
for it. The possibility of brake failure has been just about ruled out!!!
The accident is still under investigation and those close to Raymond have
asked that the rumor mill stop until the investigation findings are out!
There is some thought that Raymond may have had some type of physical
problem just prior to the incident. Again at this point that is still
speculation and we should wait till the officials have made a statement
which will not be for a while most probably. Raymond drove his car well and
kept the safety of his competitors at the forefront of his mind. A few
years ago he chose to blow an engine as apposed to possibly hitting the
wall at Daytona when he realized if he did wreck he would take out the
porches around him
    In one of Gods many ironies Raymond's granddaughter was born this week
   Ralph Steinberg