Re: Tires

To: TRBILBO@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tires
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 20:22:31 EDT
In a message dated 5/20/99 3:20:40 AM !!!First Boot!!!, TR BILBO writes:

<< Bias ply Hoosiers or Bluestreaks...or BFG Comp TA R-1's to be very
legal....although for the full race vintage crowd in VARA there are a lot of
A008 Yoko's and new Advanta's on track in 15 inch sizes. Check with TTRS if
you get a chance. Advertize in SCCA and Vintage Voice and the like. Me I run
5.50-15 Bluestreaks...I love to drift those early apex's....and they look
sooooo right.

Wow-
You mean Goodyear is still making treaded (Y6) bluestreaks? You mean I've
been saving that set of 5.00X8.30-15W's for nothing, or are these something
else?

It looks like I can run any treaded tire of 60 (or more) aspect ratio. Are
the Bluestreaks or TD's faster or slower than something like 008r's, Kumhos
or the like?

Not that I'm competitive or anything...
          Nick in Nor Cal