HS2's

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: HS2's
From: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 08:29:00 -0500

I'm running a '58 Sprite with a mild cam 948 (11:1) and everything seems ok
except setting the idle speed. Have followed the shop manual synchronization
method and, basically, it wants to idle at 2000 rpm and not much lower. It fires
evenly and feels gutsy without any miss - it just has (what seems to me) a high
idle.
I guess my question is to 948 racers: What (warm) idle rpm should generally be
expected with a race 948? Is this cam telling me it needs a certain rpm for the
engine to breathe properly at idle?

Greg Schulz
5 days to VSCDA Spring Brake
"Time, time, time..." - Simon & Garfunkel

Grossac@aol.com on 05/15/99 11:02:04 PM

Please respond to Grossac@aol.com