VSCC Donnington Park

To: british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net
Subject: VSCC Donnington Park
From: Dr G W Owen <ensgwo@bath.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 17:25:43 +0100 (BST)
For those of you in the UK that dont already know (although I am sure
almost everyone has heard by now!) and for those elsewhere who like travel

On sunday 23rd May, at Donington Park, Leics the Vintage Sports Car Club
is organising a special race meeting Titled "THE RETURN OF THE SILVER
ARROWS"

AS well as the usual high quality races (see below) there will be demos by

1939 MERCEDES  W154 driven by Surtees
1998 McLarren Mercedes F1 World Champiionship winning car
1995(?) Penske Ilmor Indy 500 Winning car (the one they made for the one
race and was then banned!)

It is the only chance to see an F1 car on the circuits in the UK except
the GP

PLUS

of course you get the usual10 races for pre-war racing cars (ERAs
Maserati, Alfa etc), Pre 1930 racing cars (Bugatti, Bentley, Frazer Nash)
Post wars GP cars (Connaught, BRM, 250fs, Ferrari etc), 50s Sports Cars
(Jag C and D types, aston martins, Ferrari, Maserati Bird Cage etc)

These are actual races rather than demonstrations!!!!!!

ALL THIS FOR ONLY £8 per person (thats about $12)

A great day out

Email me back for more details or ring the VSCC on 01608 644777. tell them
you got an Email about it. or look at www.vscc.co.uk