Re: ballast resistors in sprites.....

To: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Subject: Re: ballast resistors in sprites.....
From: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 09:03:54 -0500

I have to agree that this whole train of thought about something as simple as a
ballast resistor has been very interesting. It got me looking into battery
ratings, ignition component specifications, and all kinds of related ignition
issues.

I have to thank the list for the help I've received re: my various questions
about tires, exhaust, differential ratios, etc, over the last couple of months.
Also I was able to glean information from the on-line discussions of others whom
I may never meet in this endeavor, but they've helped me without even knowing.
Thanks to all, especially Team Thicko.

 I remember sitting in the cockpit of a Barber Formula Dodge last August after a
very nice 10 lap session on the last day of school at Road America. I couldn't
get out of the car... I didn't want to get out of the car! I remember saying to
myself "I was born to do this" - it just took me 30 years to commit to a
childhood dream. Now my first official vintage race in my 58 Bugeye is in less
than 3 weeks. Who knows where this all will lead. Maybe someday I will race that
A-Production Vette I saw at RA back in '64...

I want to wish the list the best of luck as the new vintage racing season starts
- you guys are great. Thanks.

G Schulz
58 Bugeye (Vintage)
82 Corvette (Street)