Subject: Car Rental/roll cages

To: hughes@garden.net, wheeltowheel@wheeltowheel.com,
Subject: Subject: Car Rental/roll cages
From: AnalogMike@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 11:17:00 EST
Hi,

>> ITA Mazda RX7 for rent for Northeast drivers schools.  Arrive and Drive.
See car at web site below. <<

Sounds interesting, I will check it out!

>> Bill Hughes  NNJR Tech Chief <<

Ooh a tech chief!! I was talking to David Panas, I want to run your SCCA
Volvo Vintage series this year in my '73 911. I just got a fuel cell
and my roll bar extended to a full cage. THEN :-( I got the rule book
and seems like there are some braces I may need.

My car was not raced pre-79 so I do need a cage.
But I do not have the "front hoop bracing" : bars extending
forward of the front hoop to the firewall. I have never seen
a 911 with those, dont know how they would fit or work.
I also need an additional door bar (I have the diagonal bar).
The door bar  would not be a problem to add but I would like
to make it removeable for street and autox if that is legal.

Are the front hoop braces really required for the vintage group???
I don't need them for PCA club racing or any other vintage groups.

Regards, mike piera  AnalogMike@aol.com  '72 911S Targa, '73 911Carrera

 ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~  vintage guitars   www.analogman.com