Re: vintage-race-digest V1 #230 Panteras, Pittsburgh...

To: owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: vintage-race-digest V1 #230 Panteras, Pittsburgh...
From: "Peter L. Krause" <pkrause@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:37:09 -0500
Geez,
    You people are a bunch of tough customers...One of the more
successful Panteras was a car campaigned by Hugh Kleinpeter in IMSA
events. Group 4 is an FIA class which is closer to SCCA Production,
wheras Group 5 is closer to SCCA GT rules (IMSA GTX). The Group 4 cars
never really did anything (weak transaxle more than cooling...)but
hire-a-driver Rick Bell drove a guys Group 4 car to beat everything in
the Big Bore group except Gene Feltons run-what-ya-brung injected Z-28
and Bob Heberts Jag (and he held Bob off most of the race) at the Lime
Rock Labor Day event in 1997. I advised one of my customers to buy it
(it was only $125K asking...)but he passed. Ed Macmahon (not that one)
crashed his Pantera at the HSR event in Atlanta, but he's back up and
running...Pittsburgh this year is July 18, 19. Hayes, you'd know more
about VA Beach if you were a member;-)I'm sure Jack can fill you in...