Re: Ruggles Scales

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, fitzsmns@mwci.net
Subject: Re: Ruggles Scales
From: Bill Kincaid <bkincaid@reasoning.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 09:40:17 -0800 (PST)
> Has anyone had any experience using Ruggles Scales?  Would they be
> satisfactory for occasional use on formula and small production race
> cars?
> Any comments and insights would be appreciated.
> Paul F.

I use them regularly for my Formula Ford.  They work very well-
accurate, repeatable, easy to use.

My only complaint is that you have to jack up the car to get it
on the scales, then take it off the scales again and roll/bounce
it after adjusting a shock perch, then put it back on.  All that
is much more convenient on a real fixture.  When I have an extra
couple of thousand dollars I'll treat myself...