Re: Lotus 7 front suspension

To: "Rick Cook" <rccook16@voyager.net>,
Subject: Re: Lotus 7 front suspension
From: "Greg Solow" <Gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 23:02:15 -0800
I don't think that that kind of a mod would qualify as a proper vintage
modification..It would be correct to install a thicker front anti-sway bar
in the same manner as the original.  During the 70's the basic suspension
rules were that additional sway bars or links could be added, but that the
original links, bars or suspension members had to remain in place and there
original attachment points could not be moved. We prepared a Super 7  for D
production  in 1971,2 and 3 and were San Fransico Regional Champs all 3
years.  The car belonged to Dick Dapont and was driven by him.
                                                            Regards, Greg
Solow