fitting a newcomer: not a FF

To: "'vintage race list'" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: fitting a newcomer: not a FF
From: Gavin Ivory <G_Ivory@beutel-can.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 16:39:59 -0500
Just want to say thanks for the numerous responses to my question of a tall
guy fitting into a FF for a first vintage ride. Lots of good advice, most
suggesting that in my case, a purpose built car is the right route.
were more mixed.

Yesterday I tried on my first FF, a very nice '70 Chinook FF [a hybrid
UK/Canadian, designed after the Lotus, I think] locally. Just finished a
complete rebuild after being in storage since '75! For the asking price of
U$7800, it seemed a steal to me. But it's all round too cramped. The owner
took a dig pic with me in the car, wanting very badly to look comfortable.
Later my son saw the pic, with the top of the car body about level with my
waist [with seat removed!] and arms squeezed in, and asked whose go-kart
that was. I promise I'll never again complain about the interior space of my
TVR.
Gavin
TVR Taimar 5000
Toronto