Re: TR / MG Challenge

To: emanteno@ibm.net
Subject: Re: TR / MG Challenge
From: MRogers726@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 02:11:30 EST
In a message dated 10/30/98 8:41:02 AM EST, emanteno@ibm.net writes:

<<  This driver was known to me
 for incidents at events I was working. After we walked away from this guy,
 Tony looked at me and said that he would give this guy a wide berth on the
 race track, because if he brings that same mentality to vintage racing that
 he has when racing his SCCA current era car, he will be in 13/13 trouble in
 no time.  >>

Well-- what's to be done?? I polled this group a few months ago and about
everyone said they CAME TO RACE!! well Racing means winners and loosers! Most
are the latter and I've not heard anything of 'the proper spirit'. The rules
say what you can and can't do to WIN! inside of that everything's OK. leaning
on the car next to you in a corner if not prohibited helps you WIN!
Thats not what Vintage racing WAS about but that was then-- I guess.
Regards;
Michael*