Re: Rod Kennedy/Winkleman's Stories

To: PaceCars@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rod Kennedy/Winkleman's Stories
From: Carter Hendricks <carterh@crl.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 19:57:19 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 9 Oct 1998 PaceCars@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/9/98 8:52:48 PM, lotus.tony@airmail.net wrote:
>
> >I don't know Winkelman but I've heard good stories.  I _can_ speak for the
> >fact that he had at least one outstandingly cool dealer:  Rod Kennedy in
> >Texas.

One of my projects is the Texas Speed Museum [Rod
Kennedy] Lancia Fulvia HF.  The car was prepared
in Italy by Facetti and raced once or twice back
east before Kennedy got it.  I know he did well
in a few races in Texas, ran Sebring in '70, then
crashed it heavily [in Mexico?]...

The original dark red Lancia color was covered with
a quick paint job in the Kennedy's black & white
scheme--with "Texas Speed Museum" on the rear quarters.
And that's how it will be when we're done.

Anyone remember the car?

                                --Carter