Re: new Mag or SCAM?

To: <MRogers726@aol.com>, <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: new Mag or SCAM?
From: "Steve Hammatt" <shammatt@sos.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 21:51:05 -0700
Strangely enough, I've had some response.
I also saw the advert and signed up for a free first
issue.  I also sent in a advert looking for information
about HAL sprint car engines from the 30s and 40s.
My HAL engine is pretty well confirmed to be the
only one that was entered in the Indy 500 (Jewell
Special, 1946; Lawrence Jewell owner, Dick Winai
driver, entered but did not qualify).

I received a call from a HAL owner in California last
week.  He had a copy of the magazine (picked up at
Laguna Seca), said it looked pretty good and wanted
to talk about HALs!
I was told there was a web page for Vintage Racecar
but have not found it yet (haven't had time to look
real hard<G>).

So, yes, apparently there is a magazine called Vintage
Racecar.  Yes, they were handed out at LS and yes,
they did insert a free advertisement.  Now, I'm awaiting
my first issue!

Has anyone else see an issue?

Steve