Martin engine in Australia?

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Martin engine in Australia?
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 15:53:16 -0400
In conversation with Ted Martin a few weeks ago, he mentioned that he had
sold the tooling, molds, and spares for his 1865cc engine to someone in
Australia.  Apparently, the engine was somewhat popular in a form of sprint
car racing there.

In any event, I'm trying to locate anyone who has any knowledge of these motors.

The Martin 1865 is based on the Ford 120E block, has five steel maincaps,
forged 82mm stroke crank with ECM cast in, forged rods with ECM cast in,
special reverse rotation cam, front cover incorporates oil pump and filter,
two gear cam drive system, and alloy cross-flow twin weber three valve
cylinder head.  Rocker cover has "Martin" cast in.

Any help from our Australian brothers and sisters would be appreciated!

Cheers, Brian