Re: paint stripping

To: taylortl@mgl.ca, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: paint stripping
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 11:19:26 EDT
In a message dated 98-07-27 18:33:48 EDT, taylortl@mgl.ca writes:

<< a friend has offered to sandblast it cheap (free). Is
 this a good idea? I'm a little unsure. Thanks in advance.

FYI, sandblasding is faster and easier, however, it can attack the metal,
depending on the pressure and grit of sand used.  A similar, but less abrasive
medium is either a plastic bead blast, or something like walnut shells blast.
Many commercial establishments offer the plastic bead blast at very
competitive prices...its worth a look.  I've used it on the exterior of the
Cortina and it worked fine.  Had to use sand blasting on the interior to cut
some of the caked-on glue and tar from the sound deadener and carpeting.

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128