Cortina/Lotus gearbox woes

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cortina/Lotus gearbox woes
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 11:17:00 EDT
I tried to send this message last week, but don't think it went through (AOL,
etc.).  If you have sent me a reply lately, please try again. I raced my
Mallock last weekend and had more gearbox problems. Can't seem to get it in
2nd gear when changing down. Hard to find 3rd as well.  Box is a shortened
Ford 3-rail, Lotus/Cortina type box with a super-close ratio gear set from
England. Not fresh but not too nasty inside. Synchs look good, but maybe I
don't know what to look for. Is finding gears usually a problem for these
boxes, or is something wrong I can fix? Or is a Quaif/Trannex a better bet?
Where do I contact these companies?
Thanks,
Harold Pace
Mallock U2