FW: GT6 MK Is for sale

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: FW: GT6 MK Is for sale
From: karim.marouf@cancom.com
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 11:41:02 -0800
 ----------
From: Karim Marouf
To: triumph list
Subject: GT6 MK I  for sale
Date: Wednesday, May 06, 1998 11:30AM

I'm about to buy a near-mint MK I GT6, so I think it's time
for me to sell my other two MK Is=2E Here's what I have:

1) '67 MK I=2E
 I spent over $5K in mechanical work on this car and was
 driving it daily until the thrust washer dropped out and the
 crank damaged the block=2E I've had the car stored for two
years since then=2E Recently I found a rebuilt engine that's
ready to be installed=2E I also have another complete motor,
but I don't know what condition it's in=2E Also, the orgininal motor
is repairable=2E The car is very original, straight, and rust-free,
and I bought it five years ago from the 2nd owner who'd had
it since 1971=2E Before the motor problems, I did a complete
mechanical restoration=2E I rebuilt the front suspension and
 replaced the old bushings in the rear=2E I fitted competition
springs and Koni shocks and a quicker-ratio steering rack
 from a Spit=2E The transmission was rebuilt=2E I fitted new carpets=2E
The seats are okay, but the foam is dried out=2E The rest
 of the interior is in good shape=2E The paint is not show
quality but nice=2E It is dark blue, originally pale blue=2E There's
no rust anywhere (even in the trunk and floorboards) and I
Waxoyled the whole car but never drove it in the rain=2E The
wire wheels are in excellent condition and new splines
were fitted=2E There are too many other items to list, but
basically everything that needed replacing was done=2E
After the restoration, I only drove for three or four months,
so everything has very low miles on it=2E The car drove
 nicely, handled well, and was reliable=2E  With a few weekends
 of work installing the rebuilt motor, it can be put back on the road=2E

2) '68 MK I
I bought this car about a year ago=2E  It's totally original and
 quite special, but in need of restoration=2E The car has only
72K miles on the odometer (yes, the odomoter actually works
 accurately--the only British car I've had that does)=2E It's still the
 factory-original British Racing Green, but it will need to be
repainted=2E The original engine has good compression and
sounds great=2E The overdrive tranny shifts well and doesn't
grind or pop out of gear, and the OD engages smoothly=2E
The car is also fitted with the very, very rare Magnesium
 wheels=2E An aftermarket camber compensator has been
 fitted to the rear end, as well as a nice-sounding exhaust=2E
The car is totally rust-free and very straight, though there is
some minor damage to one quarter panel=2E I have the near-mint
owner's manual and warranty booklet=2E The car drove well when
I bought it, but it had been badly neglected by the previous owner
and needs a complete restoration (paint, interior, minor mechanical=20
sorting)=2E

I have lots of spart parts, a mint shop manual, owners manuals,
a Haynes manual, etc=2E I'm asking $3400 for everything, but I will
consider selling the cars separately=2E I'm located in
 Los Angeles=2E 310/315-9963=2E

Karim Marouf
Canon Communications LLC
Tel: 310-392-5509