Europa Pain Job

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Europa Pain Job
From: John Keppelman <keppy@memes.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 14:28:36 -0800
Christopher,  I am a painter (among other things) and I concur with the
advice you are getting. It makes me wince to think of doing anything less
than a terrific job with that cool looking car, but it will not have any
effect on the end result once a real painter goes to work on it.  A good
job will involve stripping the car (if it were steel or aluminum) or(fiber
glass) at least working back through the existing paint/primer/bondo
surfaces until he extablishes a perfect substrate.  Another film added to
what you have already isn't going to make any difference.  You would slow
him down if you used an epoxy to do this as it would do its intended thing
and be tough to remove. You don't want an epoxy on a racecar anyway. To
tough to buff out or repair. Whatever brand name you do this interim job
with buy the bottom of the line.  No Sikkens, Glasurit, Imron, etc.  White
is a good suggestion too since it hides a multitude of sins. And we all
guess from watching the current news that being able to hide a multitude of
sins is a useful skill to have!  You're in good company!

John
Lancia Fulvia Zagato racecar