Re: Tires

To: rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "Palle B. Pedersen" <lotuscar@beehive.twics.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 21:19:34 +0900
Dear Dick,
What I can see is that 6" wheel was and option on the G4, and most cars in
England race with 6 inch wheels. The car has not been modified to Modsport,
and is very original, although I have changed from 6 to 7 inch wheels, and
currently using Avon ACB10 7x21 (195/50) tires. In the front I have no
problem with clearance, but the backspace on the wheel have to extremely
precise else it hit the inside of the wheel arch under bump.

We have the old Simon Farr  modsport G4, here in Japan, and that one is
fast. The Ginetta cars are doing very well here in Japan. and was number
1,2,3 in the Historic class from before 1970.  Number 1 was a Ginetta G16,
number 2 was the G4 of Simon Far, and I was number 3 in my G4.

Ginetta G4 and G12 are beeing produced again by the Walklett brothers Ivor
and Trevor, and the rights are owned by a Japanese friend of mine Maeda-san,
who sells them in Japan. Many of them are raced in the Ginetta Cup in Japan.
I also participate, with my 1964 roundtupe and won the G4 class, and the
overall class over the G12s. The Walklett brothers and Trevor's son Mark
comes to japan once a year with a Ginetta racing car, and then we can try to
beat them.

The most successful Ginetta racer of all time Mr. Trevor Needham now also
comes to Japan for racing Ginetta. Also a few of his old cars are now in
Japan. This year there will be a Neo Classic cup, where the Caterhams,
Ginettas and Cobra(s) and the likes will battle. So if you like to see
Ginettas in action Japan is a good place.

My Ginetta is a 1964 roundtupe with the Austin rear axle and Lotus Twincam
engine tuned to 160 hp, weight is 480 kg.
Would like to know your spring rates if yours are a roundtupe.

Palle Birkelund Pedersen

Ginetta G4
Morgan +8
Lotus 22 (Project)