Re: Re: Alternator Installation

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re: Alternator Installation
From: DANRHODES <DANRHODES@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 00:24:12 EST
Susan wrote:

>Simon - you are right. It won't work in a 750/101 Alfa, to the best of
>our knowledge. Real pain in the arse. I was waiting and hoping somebody
>had a magic solution, but alas, there doesn't seem to be any good way of
>doing this. It's even worse with a Webered/veloce headered car too.

Well, there might not be a good way, but there is a way;  I have a 750 spider
with a 2-liter and webers (bought recently that way, and yes, it does all fit
under the giulietta hood somehow), and it does have an alternator fitted as
well.  I can't go look at it right now because it's in the paint shop, but as
I remember there is some belt/pulley wierdness involved on this car that
allows this.  If it's useful or important to you, email me and I'll take a
picture to send to you.