Delete this now...

To: Dick Carlson <atrltd@earthlink.net>
Subject: Delete this now...
From: Jeremy Braithwaite <ATROZ@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 19:04:17 -0500
Dick

We had a good debate on this topic a few months ago under the heading of
"List Filter Wanted"

The bottom line is that the technology is there to delete all incoming ma=
il
from an individual email address - I think the latest copy of Netscape is=

one that was recommended at the time.

Personally I have thoroughly enjoyed an excellent debate on a wide variet=
of subjects over the Xmas break... sadly back to work on monday!  (Cheers=

from all the lurkers and flamers!!)

<<Nowhere does this list say "vintage-race-northamerica-only"; perhaps th=
is
is an
opportunity for some enterprising individual with time on his hands and
desire to be a sysop.>>

An alternative may be to adopt a convention for the subject line that
categorises the topic.  For example:

MG/TR/JAG/LOT : Where the topic is specific to a single marque.
CAN/US/UK/EUR/ASIA/AUS : Where the topic is specific to a region or count=
ry
SED/SS/SPRTS : Where the topic is specific to Sedans, Single Seaters, or
Sports Cars

This would have the benefit of making it easier to delete topics that are=

of no interest to a particular member of the list. =

Have a great '98.

regards

Jeremy Braithwaite
Age & Treachery Racing Australia
For details of FF rentals, test days and corporate days see:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/atroz
1970 Lotus 61MX - Team Holland
1976 Bowin P6F
1983 Reynard FF83 =

1986 Isuzu FVR Pantechnicon
1972 Datsun 240Z
1993 RF93 Van Diemen with 95 update
1997 Ford Falcon XR8 Tickford
A large collection of model cars
Investor in the Lance Ruting Collection of motorsport photographs