Re: NO WAY!

To: S800Racer <S800Racer@aol.com>
Subject: Re: NO WAY!
From: Mike & Jaye Rosen <mra@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 11:54:24 -0500
>         Jim and Thom are right on, here.  My car is different, unusual and
>cute but
> not likely to draw thousands of paying spectators to vintage events.
>         Promotion will not lower our costs.  Case in point:  SVRA at
>Mid-Ohio.  Very
> well promoted.  Lots of corporate sponsorship (for a vintage event).  Draws
> 30,000 to 40,000 spectators.  All of this gets you the honor of paying the
> highest entry fee of the season, for often marginal track time.

Happy New Year All!!!!

For any of you want to try a 'foreign' racing experience, try Canada
(VARAC) this year.
A. It's a lot closer than Australia or Monaco
B. Mosport is one of those 'must drive' tracks
C. The dollar difference automatically gives US racers a 30-40% discount
D. More track time for less money than any event I've EVER been to
E. Friendly organizers who are all racers
F. MG Vintage racers race for the Simm's Cup in their own race
E. Feature races for Lotus cars
F. 1.5 hr. enduro
G. BETTER BEER
May 29-31, 1998 - stay a week and go to the Canadian Grand Prix.
I can't guarantee you 30,000 spectators but I  can promise you almost 3
hrs. of track time not counting the enduro!!!!
Did I mention our beer is better?
You must drive Mosport at least once in you life.
Mike - 1958 VAY Special