Re: Com. Promotion. In my Defense(the Duck)

To: FHammett <FHammett@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Com. Promotion. In my Defense(the Duck)
From: Jeremy Braithwaite <ATROZ@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 07:20:37 -0500
Frank

<<Perhaps not for the $500,000  ferarris, but for some other groups. >>

The only difference is the cost of the chassis plate ... there's not a hu=
ge
difference in the cost of fixing similar type cars ie lose a corner on an=

open wheeler and its a similar cost whatever the type.

Also take issue on the driving standards.  I suspect that the quality of
the policing often has a bigger bearing on it.  =

I also race in both 'vintage' and modern.  In modern there is more
aggressive behaviour from a small number of the competitors, but the
overall standards of driving are much higher.  In 'vintage' everybody
behaves like a gentleman but some of the gentlemen don't steer too good! =

I've been hit an equal number of times in each category and have yet to h=
it
anybody myself.

You can reduce the indicence of aggression by policing drivers, but you
can't readily improve skills.  =

I would have thought Steve Earle's approach was pretty right - hit somebo=
dy
you're out and you won't be back next year either.

regards

Jeremy Braithwaite
Age & Treachery Racing Australia
For details of FF rentals, test days and corporate days see:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/atroz
1970 Lotus 61MX - Team Holland
1976 Bowin P6F
1983 Reynard FF83 =

1986 Isuzu FVR Pantechnicon
1972 Datsun 240Z
1993 RF93 Van Diemen with 95 update
1997 Ford Falcon XR8 Tickford
A large collection of model cars
Investor in the Lance Ruting Collection of motorsport photographs