Re: Re: SSP#2 - HP:IQ Ratios (com. interest)-3rd reply

To: dwilson@america.net, owner-vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net, FHammett@aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: SSP#2 - HP:IQ Ratios (com. interest)-3rd reply
From: S800Racer <S800Racer@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 13:21:28 EST
Doug,
        Have you lost your mind?  You have one of the best looking small-bore
cars in
the paddock.  Do you want to want to get crashed out and have that nice car
balled up into an ugly little mess by someone racing for that highly promoted
vintage championship?  Do you want to give the hordes of paying spectators a
thrill when they watch you stagger away from the flaming debris?  Because THAT
is Frank's idea of what promotable vintage racing would be.  Don't believe me?
Read his posting again.  Check the line about how we already have enough
crashes to promote the sport and how more spectators and prize money should
encourage the participants to drive harder and have even more crashes!
        Look for me at the lessor promoted events, having fun racing whoever
happens
to be near my cars level of performance whether it's at the front or back of
the grid.
        Also, Patrick's idea of blanket start money is great, but I won't hold
my
breath waiting for that to happen.  Most vintage racing organizations claim
that they can barely break even as it is.  But perks and start money has been
payed before, only it went to a small & exclusive portion of the entry.  I
wrote a long letter to Vintage Motorsport bitching about that several years
ago (among other things).  I said then that the guys that got the money did
not need it and that if there was some extra cash to pass out, I would much
rather see it distributed to ALL entrants.  I don't care if it came down to $5
each, I would appreciate the gesture and give some priority to entering that
organizers events again in the future.

        Doug Meis -- Team Escargot