Re: why membership is small in this newsgroup

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: why membership is small in this newsgroup
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 11:39:02 -0700 (MST)
Actually, how many people are on this mailing list?  Do you know?

Like any of the other mailing lists, there are a small number of folks
who send in mail, and a much larger number who don't.  Some folks send in
mail I like, some don't.  I just live with it.  There are lots of things that
occur in the various mailing lists that I personally don't like, but that's
part of the deal.  I don't like people who don't know the difference between
a mailing list and a newsgroup, or spam and flames.  I don't like people who
add to my workload by sending mail to a list and also to list-owner.  I don't
like people who complain about not seeing the content they want in a list, but
the only thing THEY submit is a complaint, rather than taking some personal
responsibility to generate the sort of stuff they'd like to see.  Trust me,
I could go on.

If you don't like reading what you are reading, don't read it.  Unsubscribe
or send in the type of material you think is appropriate.

mjb.