Re: getting stated in a mini/wheel alignments

To: YCAPTAIN@aol.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: getting stated in a mini/wheel alignments
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 13:05:46 -0400 (EDT)
While not a mini racer, I can't comment specifically on mini adjustments,
but....

exact suspensions settings are usually a function of the car, driver, tires,
and track.  You'll need to experiement at what works for you.

If you're running radials, 2 deg neg camber on the front is a good place to
start.  Depending on the track, the tires, and how the car's turning in, I
vary from 1/16 toe out to 1/16 toe in.  More toe out and the car turns in
better but wants to oversteer and is darty on the straights.  More toe in and
the car will understeer more and be more steady on the straights....

My rear suspension isn't adjustable, so can't comment about that.

Tire pressures will also make a big difference.

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128