Horse Collars

To: vintage race list <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Horse Collars
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 20:53:23 -0500
I love my horse collar and my horse collar loves me.

Several years ago I came to a sudden stop with my Formula Ford's nose
trying to rearrange the Armco at IRP, due to a suspension failure.
No injury - collar under the helmet prevented stretched neck.

Couple of weeks ago, another car smote me mightily in the right rear TR4
fender as I was entering the inner loop at Watkins Glen. The impact spun
'ol blue 360 deg in the middle of the track and I kept the fire lit and
went on my not-so-merry way with my auto body bent but my personal body
intact. Believe me, without the horse collar I would be doing the Iowa
imitation of a giraffe...