Re: FW: Mid-Ohio

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: FW: Mid-Ohio
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 07:52:15 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 18 Jun 1997, Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> Late this month I plan to watch the SVRA race at Mid-Ohio.  Only can
> attend one day, Sat. or Sun.  Can anyone give me some advice on which
> day would be best for spectating/photography?
>
> Thanks a lot.

        If you were to spend only one day I would probably go for Sunday
        (depending on what you want from the day). There are more people on
        Sunday all the cars that qualified will be racing on that day,
        Saturday there's usually the last practice sessions and qualifying
        for the Sunday races...

        Note that Mid Ohio is VERY sticky about where they let you stand
        for photography. Even with credentials from VICTORY LANE MAGAZINE,
        they wouldn't let me stand in front of the fence anywhere, while
        other photogs (some not connected to any publication at all) got
        to stand wherever they wanted. I suppose it was a matter of who
        you knew.

        OPINION: It's a very nice track (kind of a half scale Road
        America), but the people aren't as nice as at RA.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois