Re: TR axle breaks under autox conditions?

To: rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu
Subject: Re: TR axle breaks under autox conditions?
From: BFEKENG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 17:21:53 -0400 (EDT)
      JOHN: I certainly cant add a hell of a lot to what has been going on
relative to hub & axle breakage as everyone seems to be working on potential
solutions.But as most of us feel that is a cyclical problem,I think the
Autocross people get a by on this problem.As you poin out an active racer
creates as many cycles over a race weekend as an autocrosser would put on it
in a year.
       I got home from Summit Point & after hearing about John Harkness crash
set about pulling all the axles from the west coast cars we provide tech help
for & found that none of the 10 axles or hubs had any cracks.Two of the cars
have been active campaigners for over 10 years.It remains a n unsolved
mystery.

                                                      KEN G