Re: Vintage Brew

To: NELIUS@aol.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Vintage Brew
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 00:32:54 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-09 21:17:29 EDT, NELIUS@aol.com writes:

<< I have researched my limited reference material and have found no mention
of
 the "Old Speckled Hen".  Has anyone on the list come across the background
or
 history associated with such a unique MG?  It may be worth sharing. >>

Without looking it up, the "Old Speckled Hen" was one of Cecil Kimbers first
run of MG's...it was a fabric covered four door saloon built on a big 6 cyl
chassis...something like the 18/80....a 20's something auto.  The paint job
was "Speckled"....hence the name.  Borlands Brewry has been producing this
brew for a long time....in Abingdon.  It is a favorite auction item at MG
events.  All this from memory which isn't to good these days!    I'm Off to
Abindgon/Silverstone tomorrow night!!

Cheers
TErry