Re: FW: RE: Fatality

To: ken wright <ken@fiona.umsmed.edu>
Subject: Re: FW: RE: Fatality
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 08:31:56 -0400
I think Camaro's used to come with one stock, at some point  (2nd
generation).  Anyway, Borgeson makes a collapsible column, source any
stockcar supply house (Circle Track -zine also).  Another way of skinning
that cat is to put two U-joints in the column somewhere, fix the steering
wheel end so that it can't go backwards, and in a crash, the column is
encouraged to fold up like a pretzle rather than push backwards...thats what
I did in my Cooper S and Midget.  Haven't tested either one in anger
(crash-wise, that is).