Re: race seat

To: Glenn Mapes <gmapes@ball.com>
Subject: Re: race seat
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 20:25:55 -0600
Hi Glenn - I bought an Auto Pro seat from Racers Wholesale for $119.95
(phone 1-800-886-7223) their part number AUT-5016. It is built for
circle track cars, that is, sides are not mirror images. I removed the
snap-on cover, sabre-sawed off the big side, and took the seat and cover
to a local lady upholsterer who altered the cover for $17. You do have
to build a good solid bracket, of course, and fasten the seatback to the
crossbar of your roll bar.

i'm pleased with the results and in the heat of battle it is comfortable
enough.

Good Luck1