Re: Maserati

To: platshon@nanospace.com
Subject: Re: Maserati
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 19:53:53 -0500
> Subject: Maserati
>
> I'd like to race a Maserati GT car (3500GT or Mistral) in CSRG or HMSA
> events on the left coast.  I can't find any history of such cars racing
> back then or anyone trying to vintage race them now.  What classes would
> they fall in  - I would guess they would go up against Aston Martin DB4s
> and others of that ilk??  I'd love to hear from anyone vintage racing
> the real racing maseratis - 300S, 450S, etc.

There is a 3500 GT that has run VSCCA events for quite a few years. I used
to enjoy a dice with it with my ALfa Giulietta Sprint, where I was faster in
the corners and he had the straightaway speed. The owner has become ill, I
believe andthe car is at Peter Markowski's shop for sale. Contact Peter if
you want to know more: 802-877-2645

jeh@fotec.com         http://www.fotec.com/jim.htm
veni, vidi, veloce