Piston rings

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Piston rings
From: pmeis@bgsm.edu (paul meis)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 14:27:00 -0500 (EST)
I'm hoping someone in the group can help me. I have acquired a rare Honda
S-800 factory race engine circa 1970. It has funky 2-ring pistons, and I
need to find some rings that will suit. Compression ring is 62mm diam, 1mm
thick, with a radial thickness of 2.5mm. Oil ring is 62 x 1.5 x 2.5. Honda
has long since discarded their obsolete racing stuff. I would guess my best
chance would be with racing bike suppliers, but I don't have any contacts.
I think the oil ring may be a match with a current bike, but the top ring
is a puzzle. I've tried Total Seal and they don't make anything that size.
Any advice would be appreciated.
        Cheers,  Paul

1968 NTM-Honda D-sports racer
1972 Honda ZA-600 microcar

"I've got a great car, but I have an idiot for a mechanic and a fool for a
driver, and we are all the same guy."