More Vintage Race Woes

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: More Vintage Race Woes
From: "Thomas W. Shirley" <tshirley@voyageronline.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 06:27:20 -0700
I had an open wheel car until this July. It was a 68 Zink FV with some
pretty neat early history. I sold it to Pete Feyhl from Philadelphia PA.
He will be racing it in the northeast. I sold it for two reasons.

#1 - there just isn't much protection in one of those cars.

#2 - usually there are only two or three other cars (FVs) to race against
in HSR events. I now own a 72 Datsun 510 which I can race with groups of
cars and have someone to race against instead of being in the back of a
bunch of Fords and other faster open wheel cars. Also I can run the
enduros now. Couldn't with the Vee.

I can understand and agree with many of the postings I have read here.
Seems there are getting to be too many organizations and not enough cars,
(at least some types of cars). Plenty of Spridget types for sure