Re: Chicago Historics cancelled

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chicago Historics cancelled
From: Dennis Murphy <elgparts@xnet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 08:11:06 -0500 (CDT)
At 06:47 AM 10/22/96 -0700, you wrote:
>> Or do I smell the rotten stench of greed.....?
>
> What I'd heard was that Joe was too greedy. He's been eased out over
>the last couple of years.
>--
> Dick Carlson, Age & Treachery Racing, Ltd, World HQ, Kansas City

A conversation with a knowledgeable insider (who shall remain unnamed) at
Siebkens more than a year ago, indicated personality conflicts and the
opinion that Joe had offended some very influential people in the Elkhart
Lake community and the sponsors group. My source indicated that, as Dick
says, he was being "eased out". This conversation took place in July of '95.

Dennis Murphy