Re: AC Bristol

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Subject: Re: AC Bristol
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 14:16:33 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

Not being an expert on the subject, but having read a few things about
these cars (in the recent past no less), I thought I'd jump in here.

I believe AC enthusiasts like to distinguish between the regular Ace and
the Bristol powered Ace because the Bristol powered units were much
better racers. I picked this up from either British Car magazine or
Grassroots Motorsports in a feature article. I can't remember exactly
which issue, they're all starting to blur together...

Apparently, Bristol powered Ace's were quite the racecar before the days
of BIG V-8's.

At any rate, it should probably be referred to as an Ace-Bristol (if it
really has the Bristol engine.) The same thing holds true for the Aceca
(sp?).

Whatever,
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: You'll have to talk to my attorney about that topic...